Areas of speciality
Ph. D (Science), Graduate School of Frontier Sciences, The University of Tokyo
- ・Research Fellowship for Young Scientists (DC1), Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) : 2012～2015
- ・RITE : Apr. 2015～
- ・Guest Research Scholar, Energy Program, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis : Apr. to Jun. 2016
- ・Future Energy Leaders’ Programme (FEL-100), World Energy Council : Apr. 2018～
Japan Society of Energy and Resources, The Japan Institute of Energy
- ・K. Gi, F. Sano, T. Homma, J. Oda, A. Hayashi, K. Akimoto, “An Analysis on Global Energy-Related CO2 Emission Reduction and Energy Systems by Current Climate and Energy Policies and the Nationally Determined Contributions”, Journal of the Japan Institute of Energy 97 (2018), 135–146.
- ・K. Gi, F. Sano, A. Hayashi, K. Akimoto, “A model-based analysis on energy systems transition for climate change mitigation and ambient Particulate Matter 2.5 concentration reduction”, Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11027-018-9806-z.
- ・K. Gi, F. Sano, A. Hayashi, T. Tomoda, and K. Akimoto, “A global analysis of residential heating and cooling service demand and cost-effective energy consumption under different climate change scenarios up to 2050”, Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, DOI: 10.1007/ s11027-016-9728-6.
- ・K. Gi, F. Sano, A. Hayashi, K. Akimoto, “An analysis of cost-efficient energy systems in consideration of climate change and ambient PM2.5 concentration mitigation by using a global energy systems model”, 12th Conference on Sustainable Development of Energy, Water and Environment Systems, SDEWES2017-0804, Dubrovnik, Croatia, Oct. 2017.
- ・K. Gi, F. Sano, and K. Akimoto, “Assessment of potential and breakeven prices of fusion power plants under low-carbon development scenarios”, 26th IAEA Fusion Energy Conference, SEE/P7-1, Kyoto, Japan, Oct. 2016.
- ・K. Gi, Y. Ono, M. Nakamura, Y. Someya, H. Utoh, K. Tobita, and M. Ono, “Conceptual design study of the moderate size superconducting spherical tokamak power plant”, Nuclear Fusion 55(2015), 063036.
- ・June 2017 the 5th Kaya Award, Japan Society of Energy and Resources
- ・March 2015 Dean's Award for Outstanding Achievement Doctoral Course, Graduate School of Frontier Sciences
- ・November 2012 The Japan Society of Plasma Science and Nuclear Fusion Research (JSPF) Award for Early Career Research Contributions